SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
papergirl_gw

Need dimensions help for master closet and 2-car garage please

papergirl
13 years ago

Hello all. I just love all of the great advice on this forum. I am working on a floor plan and am stumped on how big to make the master closet. Our current master closet is a 5' x 5' "walk in" and it is tiny! It drives me nuts. I know I want the next one a lot bigger, but I also don't want to go overboard and regret that I may have wasted square footage. What size is your master closet, or what size do you wish it was?

My GC/builder has suggested an attached 2-car garage that is 24' deep x 28' wide. I am actually considering making it smaller to save some money, like 24' x 26' or 24' x 24'. I have no garage now, so I really don't have anything to compare these dimensions to. We will have a basement for storage too, but I just want to make sure 2 vehicles won't feel crowded. I drive a mid-sized car and my husband drives a Dodge Dakota truck (pretty much a smaller version of a Ram). He may buy a larger truck in a few years though, and I know we may need to think about the house's resale value someday too. Any advice on garage dimensions is greatly appreciated!

p.s. If anyone feels like throwing in their master bath dimensions or laundry room dimensions that would be terrific :)

Comments (19)