SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mariend

What I look for at Craft shows

mariend
17 years ago

I do limited crafting for fun, but this is what I look for at Craft shows. People who talk to me, not just sit on a chair and read. Even some that are crafting and selling, forget to say HI--can I help you--or Do you see something I can help you with--

Crafts that are pratical, small/med (that's me), not a craft that looks like it is mass produced and sloppy. You cannot imagine how many Coyotes with scarves I have looked at and thought--yep tole painting class. Or how many items that have been sewed sloppy, non matching threads, big spashy ribbons on big things etc. I will pay more for something neat, clean looking and please watch the colors. I know you cannot carry all the colors, but do carry a variety. And clean looking colors. Mark your prices clear and be able to negoiate. yes I know you must make a profit, but be fair and reasonable. Know your area and general likes/dislikes. Be aware of what is sold around you. Have a helper to watch your stuff while you make the sale. Yes you can eat lunch, drink water etc. If your spouse is with you, please have him/her know the prices, how the item is made and when you will be back. Please don't go to the dollar store, or buy a box of items, stick a ribbon/dress/etc and call it homemade. I always look for anything unusual.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022