SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christy2828

Pork Tenderloin defrosting!!

christy2828
16 years ago

It's my husbands birthday and I have Pork Tenderloin defrosting, but no idea what I'm gonna do with it!! Any suggestions??? Thanks :) Christy

Comments (19)

• sheshebop
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Put on a rub, Roast it until med rare, slice thinly, and cover with cinnamony spicy chopped apples. Mmmm. Can I come over to eat with you?

• compumom
    16 years ago

Sherry's idea sounds good, but we usually marinate in a mixture of soy, hoisin sauce, honey and garlic. Bake at 400 for about 20-25 until medium rare.

• Related Discussions

Pork Tenderloin Lo Mein?

Q

Comments (11)
    Here's a great recipe. I like pork tenderloin in lots of different recipes so if you change your mind from lo mein, give a yell! CINDY'S PORK LO MEIN Source: adapted phillychinatown.com 1/2 lb Lo Mein Noodles or Linguine 1/2 lb pork, chicken or beef Marinade: 1 tsp cornstarch 1 T light soy sauce 1 tsp sherry or rice vinegar Sauce: 1 T cornstarch 1 cup chicken stock 1 T soy sauce 2 T oyster sauce 2 T oil 1 clove garlic, crushed 1 slice ginger opt: shredded cabbage, carrot, red pepper, broccoli, snow peas 1 scallion, diced 1 tsp sesame oil Slice meat into 1/8-inch strips across the grain. Marinate for 15 minutes. In another bowl, prepare sauce mixture. Cook noodles, drain. Heat wok, add 2 T oil. When oil is hot, add garlic and ginger; cook for 1 min, discard. Stir fry choice of vegies until tender crisp. Add meat and stir fry until almost done, add scallion. Add sauce mixture and stir until thickened. Add sesame oil. Mix well, add noodles to reheat.
    ...See More

Oh Bob, about that pork tenderloin recipe

Q

Comments (2)
    Looking at the images I'm pretty sure it is the 10 oz one. Let me know how it turns out.
    ...See More

What starch with weed's pork tenderloin with Dijon cream sauce?

Q

Comments (10)
    These are some sides I've made with her pork dish: Steamed carrots with fresh dill or poppy seeds and Confetti corn (sauteed sliced celery and diced roasted red peppers with frozen corn) Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Black Bean & Mango Salad Roasted Delicata Squash and Steamed Broccoli TJ's Harvest Grains Blend and Steamed Broccoli Roasted Butternut Squash and Steamed Broccoli
    ...See More

Twice Cooked Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Cream Sauce

Q

Comments (10)
    I love a mustard cream sauce on pork. I make a version of Weed's recipe. You could skip the first sauté. Just slice into medallions raw and saute for a couple minutes each side. (That would also save your stovetop from so many splatters.) ;)
    ...See More
  • khandi
    16 years ago

Haven't tried it, but sounds good!

Roast Pork Tenderloin With Sun-Dried Tomato-Chipotle Rub

(Recipe #2749901 Recipezaar)

I found this cutting from the Chicago Tribune lying around and decided to try it. The rub adds a pleasant but not overwhelming heat to the pork, and an added plus is that it's really fast to make on those busy nights we all seem to have. The rub makes enough for two tenderloins, but also try mixing some of it with mayonnaise for a delicious spread on your sandwiches, in chicken salad and the like.

1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
    1 canned chipotle chile, from can with adobo
    3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
    2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
    2 garlic cloves, crushed
    1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 whole pork tenderloin, about 1 lb chopped cilantro

Preheat oven to 400 deg. F.

Put tomatoes, chile, orange juice, vinegar, garlic, sugar and salt in blender or food processor. Blend to a coarse paste.

Place tenderloin in baking dish and rub all over with about 3 tbl. of the rub.

Roast until internal temperature reaches 140 deg., about 20 minutes. Remove to a cutting board and let rest five minutes.

Slice thinly and place on plates, along with any juices. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.

Note1: Leftover rub keeps for a couple of weeks. Try it on seafood or poultry, or, as noted above, mixed with mayonnaise.

Note2: I had only plain dried sun-dried tomatoes. I let them sit overnight in some olive oil, and fished them out, saving the oil for salad dressing - I did not think the paste needed more oil then was on the tomatoes.

Note3: My tenderloin was room temperature and it was done in 15 minutes, so I would recommend checking early. Also, original recipe suggests 3 to 4 servings. There were just two of us, and I have barely enough left for a sandwich, so be guided.

• User
    16 years ago

I have three all time favourite pork tenderloin recipes , maybe one of them will interest the birthday boy. All of them came from posters here at the CF! Who needs cookbooks!

Pork Medallions With Olive Caper Sauce (Stacy)

1 Lb pork tenderloin, trimmed
    1/2 Tsp salt
    1/2 Tsp black pepper
    1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
    1 Tbl olive oil, divided
    1/2 Cup dry white wine
    1/2 Cup chicken broth
    1/2 Cup coarsely pitted chopped kalamata olives
    2 Tbl capers
    2 Tbl fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped

Cut pork crosswise into 8 pieces. Place each pork piece between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound to inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle both sides of pork with salt and pepper.

Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dredge pork in flour, turning to coat; shake off excess flour.

Heat 1 ½ tsp olive oil in a nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Add half of pork, and cook for 2 min on each side or until pork is done.

Remove pork from pan and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining olive oil and pork.

Return pork to pan. Add wine and broth, bring to a boil. Stir in olives and capers; cook 4 min. Sprinkle with parsley.

4 servings (2 pork medallions and 2 tbsp sauce each)

Pork Medallions With Thyme Mushroom Cream Sauce (Cindy)

1 1/2 Lb pork tenderloin sliced into 1/2 inch-thick medallions
    2 Tbl unsalted butter, divided
    2 Tbl olive oil, divided
    16 ounces mushrooms
    2 Tsp Fresh Thyme
    Salt And Pepper To Taste
    3/4 Cups Whipping Cream Or 18%
    2 Tsp Hot Pepper Jelly

HEAT 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook half of the pork medallions for 3 minutes on each side, until lightly browned. Transfer to a serving plate and place in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining pork.
    REDUCE heat to medium. Add mushrooms, thyme, salt & pepper and cook until mushrooms have softened, about 3-5 minutes. Add a little extra butter if necessary to prevent the mushrooms from sticking.

STIR in cream & hot pepper jelly. Cook at a low boil until reduced and thickened, about 7-10 minutes. Plate the pork and spoon the sauce over the top.

Serves 4

Pork Tenderloin With Dijon Cream (From Weed)

1 # pork tenderloin cut into 2" slices
    Seasoned flour
    2 Tbl butter divided
    2 Tsp canola or olive oil

Sauce:
    2 green onions sliced (coin shape), white and green par
    1/3 Cup white wine or dry vermouth
    1/2 Cup heavy cream
    1 Tsp Dijon mustard (or more to taste)
    salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to low about 170 degrees.
    Lightly pound pork medallions to 1" thick.
    Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and 2 tsp. oil over medium high heat.
    Dredge pork in seasoned flour. Add all at once to pan and saute 2 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and hold in the oven while finishing the sauce. (pork will be a bit underdone but will finish in the oven, should still be pink inside.)
    Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter to pan.
    Add white part of onion, saute for 1 minute.
    Add wine or vermouth, simmer until syrupy and reduced to about 3 tablespoons.
    Add cream, simmer 2 - 3 minutes until thickened.*
    Stir in Dijon, add salt and pepper to taste.
    Return pork to pan to coat with sauce.
    Serve over rice or pasta, garnishing with the green part of the onion.

*If sauce ends up too thick for your liking, add a little water or milk, but no more than 1/4 cup.

• Terri_PacNW
    16 years ago

I'd have salt on it presalting.
    However, I agree...a bit of rub will do wonders! Let sit out for a bit before roasting....I love tenderloin...

• dixiedog_2007
    16 years ago

Both sound good. I marinate in Teriyaki Sauce, garlic and some honey. Slice and it will be juicy and moist.

I also love Grilled Pork Tenderloin

1/2 cup peanut oil (I've also used Olive Oil in the past)
    1/3 cup soy sauce
    1/4 cup red wine vinegar
    3 TBS. lemon juice
    2 TBS. Worcestershire sauce
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    1 TBS. chopped fresh parsley
    1 TBS dry mustard
    1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
    2 (3/4 pound) pork tenderloins

Combine first 9 ingredients; place in ziplock bag. Add tenderloins, turn to coat. Seal and marinate in frig. for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.

Remove from marinade. Grill, uncovered, over medium coals 16 minutes or until therm. registers 160. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.

Serve with some nice whipped potatoes and fresh steamed green beans.

• KatieC
    16 years ago

Here's one more...

* Exported from MasterCook *

Pork Tenderloin Medallions in Garlic Cream Reduction

Recipe By :Katie, Jan. 2001
    Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Pork

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    2 pork tenderloins
    12 large cloves garlic -- thinly sliced
    1/2 cup light wine -- white, blush, white zin, etc.
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary -- crushed, or 1 tsp fresh, minced

Slice tenderloins into thin medallions. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper and fry in a little oil. Place on oven safe plate and keep warm.

Saute garlic in pan until lightly toasted. Add wine and rosemary and cook down to half. Add cream and cook until thickened. Pour over pork medallions.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : I don't measure, so all measurements are approximate!

Winner of the Chef's vote in a Gilroy Garlicfest recipe contest, 2001.

• dixiedog_2007
    16 years ago

katie - YUMMY sounding. Some people from GarlicFestival used to come to our area and sell their products and I loved them but they don't come here anymore! They always participated in the Gilroy Festival.

• fearlessem
    16 years ago

I've got this pork tenderloin dish planned for later this week -- it is roasted with herbs inside a baguette... Sounds so good to me !

• doucanoe
    16 years ago

MMMMM...I love pork tenderloin, and they are so economical right now! I've tried Weed's recipe and it's really good! Looks like a few more to go in my "to try" file from this thread, too!

I made this one on Tuesday for the first time and it is absolutely fabulous!

Maple-Chili Glazed Pork Medallions

1 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
    1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut crosswise into 1-inch-thick medallions
    2 teaspoons canola oil
    1/4 cup apple cider
    1 tablespoon maple syrup
    1 teaspoon cider vinegar

1. Mix chili powder, salt and ground chipotle in a small bowl. Sprinkle over both sides of pork.
    2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until golden, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Add cider, syrup and vinegar to the pan. Bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, turning the pork occasionally to coat, until the sauce is reduced to a thick glaze, 1 to 3 minutes. Serve the pork drizzled with the glaze.

Linda

• Terri_PacNW
    16 years ago

Linda, that sounds good..I have pork cubes..I think I might just brown them super quick, and put them into that glaze..

I'm not sure what I want to do with them..
    I think it comes with not feeling 100%...

• msafirstein
    16 years ago

All the recipes sound fabulous. I'm taking out some pork tonight for tomorrow's dinner.

Michelle

• christy2828
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for all of your suggestions!! I made a Dijon Pork Tenderloin. I sliced salted and placed in a 13 x 9 inch pan and spread Dijon mustard on top. Poured in a little dry vermouth and baked at 375 for 20 minutes. Mixed some flour and butter together in a saucepan and added the pan drippings. Mixed briskly and drizzled over the Pork. Some broccoli on the side, and while we were cooking I made a cheese fondue with apples and bread, and a nice glass of Cabernet (or 2). Both were Yummy!!! That was my first attempt at a fondue, I made it on the stove top with the boiler? That extra sauce pan insert used for melting chocolate. Turned out really good, but a little grainy. Is that because of the cheese used?? The flavor was fantastic, just the grainy texture bothered me. This is the recipe:

Submitted by Katherine at All Recipes dot com

Basic Fondue
    2 cups beer
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    2 teaspoons ground dry mustard
    1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    6 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

DIRECTIONS
    In a medium saucepan over low heat, mix together beer, Worcestershire sauce, ground dry mustard, garlic and flour. Heat until almost boiling. Gradually stir in Cheddar cheese. Continue heating until all the cheese has melted. Keep the mixture warm and melted in a fondue dish.

I used sharp kraft cheddar cheese. And the original recipe called for milk, but I used beer instead. Christy :)

• namabafo
    16 years ago

here's a favorite of ours. I like to have the cold leftovers on a salad for lunch the next day. I usually cook 2 tenderloins at a time.

SALT- AND PEPPER-CRUSTED PORK
    2 teaspoons pepper
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
    1 large garlic clove, minced
    1 12-ounce (about) pork tenderloin

1 tablespoon olive oil

Combine pepper, salt, rosemary and garlic in small bowl. Rub over pork. Let pork stand at least 15 minutes.

Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat oil in heavy medium ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add pork and brown on all sides, about 6 minutes. Transfer skillet with pork to oven and roast until pork is cooked through, turning occasionally, about 20 minutes. Slice and serve.

2 servings; can be doubled or tripled.

Bon Appétit
    November 1990

• sigh
    16 years ago

fearlessem- that looks good! Sounds a lot like pork florentine, baked in a baguette. I love the idea of that for a picnic.

Namabafo- your recipe sounds similar to what I'm planning for this weekend (multiplied by about 6). What sorts of sides do you serve with pork cooked like that?

Nina

• namabafo
    16 years ago

Nina--I have picky eaters so generally make simple sides that I know certain people will eat some of--mashed potatoes or rice, and steamed broccoli or green beans--the 7 yo will eat just about anything, the 14 yo, not.

or I will do roasted onion/peppers/potato or whatever veggies I have lying around, but both my kids love roasted onions. I also have done a sweet and sour red cabbage and caramelized apples that were part of a different pork menu, but they both go great with any pork...

Nancy

• User
    16 years ago

This is one that Lorijean shared with us.

Home Cookin Chapter: Recipes From Thibeault's Table

Pork Tenderloin En Croute
    ==========================
    Posted by LoriJean44 (My Page) on Mon, Jul 4, 05 at 20:22

Pork Tenderloin En Croute
    Makes 4 servings
    1-1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter
    1 pork tenderloin (about 1-1/2 pounds)
    1 tablesoon Creole seasoning
    3 tablespoons vegetable oil
    1 sheet frozen puff pastry (one-half 17-1/4-ounce package, thawed)
    All-purpose flour, for dusting
    1/4 cup Creole mustard or other spicy whole-grain mustard
    1 recipe Mushroom Stuffing (recipe follows)
    1 large egg, beaten with 2 teaspoons water, for egg wash

1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease the center with the butter.
    2. Season the pork tenderloin on all sides with the Creole seasoning. Heat the oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the tenderloin, reduce the heat to medium, and brown evenly on all sides. Then cook, turning frequently, until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 110 F., 16 - 18 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool for 10 minutes.
    3. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the pastry to a 12- x 18-inch rectangle. If necessary, turn the dough so a long side is facing you.
    4. Coat the tenderloin evenly on all sides with the mustard. Pack the mushroom stuffing mixture onto the top and sides of the pork tenderloin. Place the coated meat across the bottom third of the pastry. Brush a 1/2-inch border of egg wash on the pastry around the meat. Gently lift the remaining pastry over the meat to completely enclose it, and press gently to seal the seams. With a small knife, cut away the excess pastry to make an even border. Crimp the pastry edges with a fork dipped in flour.
    5. Carefully transfer the tenderloin to the prepared baking sheet. Brush the top and sides of the pastry evenly with egg wash. With a small knife, make a decorative crosshatch pattern across the top, being careful not to cut through the pastry.
    6. Bake for 10 minutes, then turn the baking sheet around. Bake until golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center reads 150 F., 10 - 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.

Mushroom Stuffing
    Makes about 3 cups; 4 servings
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1/4 cup minced shallots
    1 tablespoon minced garlic
    2 pounds mixed mushrooms, such as button, shiitake, wood ear, and chanterelle, stems trimmed (removed if using shiitakes), wiped clean and coarsley chopped
    1-1/4 teaspoons salt
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1/2 cup dry white wine
    1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
    1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano

1. Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are wilted and beginning to brown, 5 - 7 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the wine, stirring to loosen any browned bits in the bottom of the pan, and cook until almost all the liquid has evaporated, 5 - 8 minutes. Remove from the heat.
    2. Transfer the mushrooms to a food processor. Add the cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, basil, and oregano and process to a thick paste. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and set aside until ready to use.

• compumom
    16 years ago

namabafo- I used to make that recipe too when I first began cooking pork tenderloin. Milk based sauces are out for me (lactose issues) but that's a delicious way to go. I serve it with rice pilaf and some type of green or roasted veggies. I think I have to get one for this weekend!

• arlocat
    16 years ago

Over the holidays I found this recipe for Roast Pork Tenderloin Crostini on the Betty Crocker site of all places. (Betty taught me how to cook 40 years ago.)She's learned a thing or two over the years as well. No canned soup in this one. The second time I turned the same recipe into paninis and we liked it even better.

I found that the fresh morjoram is very important. It is the interplay of the flavors that makes this work.

Spiced Pork Tenderloin Crostini

1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
    1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper
    1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
    1/4 teaspoon ground sage
    1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
    36 slices (from 10-ounce loaf) baguette-style French bread, 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick
    1/4 cup Dijon mustard
    3/4 cup (from 8.5-ounce jar) apple-cranberry chutney
    1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
    Fresh marjoram leaves

1. Heat oven to 425°F. Mix seasoned salt, garlic pepper, marjoram and sage in small bowl. Rub mixture over pork. Place pork in shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer so tip is in thickest part of pork. Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until thermometer reads 155ºF. Cover pork with aluminum foil and let stand 10 to 15 minutes until thermometer reads 160ºF.
    2. Meanwhile, reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Place bread slices in ungreased jelly roll pan, 15 1/2x10 1/2x1 inch. Bake about 5 minutes or until crisp; cool.
    3. Cut hot pork into very thin slices (or cool pork if desired). Spread each bread slice with about 1/4 teaspoon mustard. Top each with a thin slice of pork, 1 teaspoon chutney, about 1/2 teaspoon cheese and marjoram leaves.