SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deedles_gw

Attn: Antss or summit FD knowledgeable

deedles
12 years ago

Hello Antss or anyone else that knows the answer to this.. but specifically, antss... you commented in an earlier thread about freezer drawers that the Summit brand were "a joke". Can you elaborate on why? Are they noisy, crappy, breakdown prone or what? I see in that thread the thought was that only sub-zero drawers were recommended, but 4K to freeze food? I'd just like to know if you or anyone else would share what, specifically is wrong with the Summit FD's.

Thanks very much

Comments (4)

• deedles
    Original Author
    12 years ago

antss: I had sent you an email but I can't get this website to allow me to change my preferences to receive emails for some reason. That's why I posted what I had sent to you yesterday.

• User
    12 years ago

Go look at one and compare it to the others.

Lesser build quality, cheaper feel, noisier, cannot be integrated with a panel or toekick unless somethings changed in the last 6 months.

Who's backing it up. Is there a "face" / warm body behind SUMMIT ? They are kinda like a bookie with little/no R&D, and spotty service& support infrastructure.

The 3 drawer option is nice if you like storing short items, and the price is a big feature too but there's a reason it's cheaper.

If you just gotta have a drawer unit and your budget is 1500ish then this is about the only game around. It's your $$$ and house so if YOU like it, don't let me dissuade you.

I prefer a "safer" bet even if it costs more.

• deedles
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks antss for the answer.

Yeah, I can't find anywhere around me that carries Summit to look at them.

I'm starting to think that drawers aren't for me. I can't justify the price for sub-zero and hate to buy a product that I can't see and evaluate.

Thanks again.

• User
    12 years ago

You could always roll the dice and give a short term and long term report to the GW community. I'm sure there's a gold star or a hug in it for you too.

Who knows, perhaps I'd have to come back and eat some crow.