SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adellabedella_usa

Selling to friends- crafting related

Adella Bedella
18 years ago

Does sellingto frends make you uncomfortable?

I've been making crafts for several years, but never sold anything. A friend invited me to put a few crafts in her craft fair booth this year. I've been busy brainstorming new ideas and trying to put a new spin on old ones. Anyway, I've come up with a few ideas that are more like souviner gifts. I've shown a couple of my prototypes to friends because I'm looking for suggestions and opinions on how to make them better. One of those friends called last night to order 10 ornaments. I'm happy to sell them. At the same time, I'm really insecure about selling them. I think they're cute and I'm trying to make them original and high quality, but I don't want my friend buying them just because she wants to help me out. I haven't told her the price I plan on selling them at yet either. I'm thinking about pricing them at $4.50 a piece (a price I think is a little high for hand-sewn felt ornaments, but the market will bear because they are original). I don't want my friend to pay that. I'd be happy to give them to her or just charge something nominal.

I think if I sold to the public before I sold to my friend I'd be ok because I'd have an opinion from someone who doesn't know me and I'd know if my stuff is "good enough".

I'm blabbering on here (as usual). Does everyone go through this when they start selling?

Comments (7)