SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweets98

What are you working on? 10/29

sweets98
16 years ago

I haven't done much! My outhouse 4X4 post is still as it was when I posted last week. I wanted to work on it but I forced myself to sit down and sew valances for my step-MIL. She gave me the fabric about two weeks ago and I knew if I didn't just get them finished, I would put it off and hear about it. I wasn't thrilled because I didn't really have enough fabric to do what she wanted, the right way. I left the valances unlined and she has to be okay with that. I wasn't going to buy fabric for a liner and while it may seem that I have PLENTY of leftover fabric, there wasn't enough to double the valances. I normally am not so cranky about a project but I don't like it when people ask you to do the almost impossible because they think it's "easy". Something about the project set me off on the wrong foot....I guess it was the comment and the tone in which she said it in that irked me. MIL didn't pay for the fabric in the first place. FIL's aunt bought it for VBS and didn't need it but it matched MIL's living room, so she says to me that she found the fabric in the drawer while cleaning, and she thought to herself, "I can have Leslie sew up those curtains and it won't cost me a thing!" Why is it always the ones that think you should sell your work because you have an amazing talent, that then ask you to do 5 hours of work for free because it's "easy for you"?

I can take photos of the valances later on...just so you see what I was working with. We'll see what I get done with the outhouse later this week, I've been a little sidetracked.

My DS, 8, has been home since Wed night. He has seasonal asthma issues and they kicked in and he also got sick at the same time. I thought a few nebulizer treatments would be all it would take but he got worse Thursday afternoon. I couldn't get him to the dr's until Friday morning and she said he had strep. He's been on antibiotics since Friday and he seemed to get worse yesterday. This kid is coughing entirely too much. There has to be more going on. He shouldn't still need his inhaler/nebulizer every 4 hours or less! So off to the dr's we go again today....I'm so worried about him!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH