SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyk_gw

Refrigerator with bottom freezer advice wanted

nancyk
15 years ago

I currently have an Amana, sidexside, 25 cu. ft. that is going strong, 20 years old, I am giving it to my husband. I am thinking of getting a refrig with the bottom freezer. No outside water or ice dispenser. I have researched so much my eyes are crossing. I would like the same amount of cubic feet. I have an LG front loading washer, I love it, it is well made. But I've read that some LG refrigerators have problems that just do not get resolved. So LG is ruled out. Maytag is ruled out, not well made/consistent. I am looking at Amana, tho Maytag bought them a few years ago. So there is a question there. The GE Profile or Monogram looks nice, reviews are not too bad for that.

When I purchased the LG washer, I followed a thread on this forum and everyone loved the LG Trom but did suggest getting the extended warranty, which we did. I notice that the warranty of refrigerators is only one year. Does any company offer a longer warranty and is it recommended to get the extended warranty? I find it hard to believe a company considers a one year warranty on a major appliance something to be proud of.

Comments (19)