SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momali3

Advice needed RE top freezer refrigerators

momali3
15 years ago

We've had a bottom freezer, standard-depth, refrigerator for a number of years now, and my husband hates it! He has dug in his heels about the frig for the new house we're building--now at framing stage. We do not want to spend the bucks for a built-in, so I had my builder recess the wall where the frig will be. Doing so was easy; it just meant eliminating some but not all the bookshelves on the other side of the wall in the hall between our kitchen and din rm. I do not like side by sides because of the narrow shelves. I personally love the French Door frigs, but DH says "NO"! again b/c of the freezer being on the bottom. So what I'm looking for it just a regular frig, freezer on top. Of course I want it to be energy efficient, and it could be as wide as 36". Stainless would look best with my white painted cabinets, but panels are also an option, I suppose. My builder said the cabinet guy will build a surround cabinet to enclose it, and I've read all the forums RE doing this (making sure to allow space at sides and back for venting, etc.) But what I need is advice about which brand of "ordinary" and "old fashioned" frig with freezer on top some of you have had good experience with. AND do all frig makers offer panels??? Thanks for any help!

Comment