SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenk2008

Cleaning purple PVC primer on concrete??

15 years ago

Yesterday the central vac installers came to install the pipe, and after keeping a close eye on them the first few hours, I had other things to do, so I left them on their own. After they left, we went over to look at their work, and we found splotches of purple pvc primer on our concrete floors in the basement, and a huge spill in the mechanical room (looks like they spilled the entire can), with cardboard over the spill. We have called the company to complain, and they are trying to figure out what to do, but I was hoping someone might have some suggestions. I don't really care about the mech room (besides their attempt to cover it up when all they had to do was walk 75 feet over to our apartment and ask for some rags to clean it up), but the other spills are in our game room, and we are planning to stain the concrete there. We were planning on using a dark brown stain, so I'm hoping this will not be an issue, but am also worried that the stain will not adhere to the primered areas. DH says he doesn't know of anything that will clean this, any thoughts?? I guess I learned an important lesson-even if the installers seem competent, you have to watch them like a hawk!

Comments (12)