SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arabellamiller

Cheap snacks for frozen kids - any ideas?

arabellamiller
14 years ago

It's outdoor rink time again. And as much as I love having my kids and all their friends here, it gets to be a bit much feeding dozens of kids every weekend.

I'd like to stock up the freezer this year so I don't get overwhelmed making cookies and grilled cheese for hours at a time. Ideally, I'd like both regular food and desserts that can go from freezer to table in an hour. The parameters are: kid friendly, no meat, no nuts, high fat/calories is good, heavily processed foods are not good. I prefer bar cookies or brownies over regular cookies since they're much faster.

So far in the freezer I have a few trays of mac and cheese, some blondies (these are fully cooked already, but could I freeze them before baking as well?) and an apple pie/crisp type thing. Do rice crispie treats freeze well? I'll also make a few loaves of cinnamon bread for the freezer to have on hand for peanut butter sandwiches.

I have shredded cheese and tortillas in the freezer ready to go (I have a tortilla maker, thanks to Annie!) for quick cheese quesadillas. Does pizza dough freeze well?

I thank you in advance, and "the team" thanks you as well!

AM

PS Now I know what all those people with backyard pools go through ever summer! Non-stop lines of kids tramping through my house.

Comments (28)