SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marianico_gw

Miele canister vacuum question

marianico
13 years ago

We are in the market for a canister vaccum cleaner. Based on online research as well as personal recommendations, we are considering a Miele. I have a question, though, and haven't been able to find a good answer. We are two adults, no kids, no pets, no asthma and no serious allergies, although I would love to keep the dust and dust mites down! We have about 60% wall-to-wall carpet and the rest tile and hardwood. I believe we will need a powerbrush for the carpets. My question is about the Sealed System vs. the CleanAir system. It seems like the Sealed System combined with the Hepa filter is superior as far as keeping the dust and dust mites at bay. The Delphi, which costs $499, appears to be the cheapest model that has power hoses and a powerbrush. It doesn't have a Hepa filter, but you can upgrade to one. But to get the Sealed System and powerbrush you have to move up to at least the Libra which costs $849. There are other differences too, of course, but these are the ones I'm most interested in. Does anybody know if it makes a big difference to have the Sealed System vs. the CleanAir system? Is it worth the extra $350? Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio