SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
criticalmass048

Windows Live Mail is causing system crash

criticalmass048
13 years ago

This one will make your head spin!

I recently installed Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware, Sandboxie, Avira AntiVir, and Online Armor to help protect my system. I'm running WinXP SP 3 and browse with Mozilla Firefox.

Almost exactly the same time, I began having problems whenever Windows Live Mail had been running for a while. Symptoms include:

-- System runs extremely slow

-- Custom icons for shortcuts on desktop revert back to "default" settings

-- Explorer windows won't close or minimize right away, and usually will show an "imprint" of another window

-- Unable to use Ctrl-Alt-Delete function. I get a message about system resources being low.

-- When I use the Start Menu to shut down, usually only the three red/green/blue buttons appear, with no window around them, no text under them. Sometimes they don't work anyway, causing me to have to do a cold restart of the machine.

-- MOST ANNOYING AND INEXPLICABLE OF ALL, when I reboot and open WLM again, it has usually "forgotten" either ONE or BOTH of my Hotmail accounts! This causes me to have to "Set Up" a new email account, and download all the messages from the server, which takes a while, of course.

I have tried uninstalling WLM and reinstalling it.

I have tried shutting down all of the above-mentioned programs and let WLM run.

I have deleted about 60% of my emails, especially the bigger files

I have Googled the problem.

I have tried to use Mozilla Thunderbird as my email client, but I can't access the folders I created within Hotmail, and I can only have it check for email every 15 minutes, so gave up on that program, although I didn't seem to have any crashes when using it.

This is really making my head spin.

Thanks for any help you can provide. Of course, if you chose to avoid me and my computer like a plague, I wouldn't blame you!

Comments (11)