SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mayo510

Are burners always same distance from the edge?

Mayo510
9 years ago

My range is right up against a (tiled) wall on one side - I know, it's not recommended, and I wish it wasn't there, but I didn't design it, and there it is. Now I just want to replace my range, not remodel my kitchen.

It's a gas range, standard 30" width. I measured on my current range, and it's 7" from the center of the wall-side burners to the wall. Is this a standard measurement? I'm not seeing this number listed in specs, so maybe it is standard? Looking at ranges now, it seems like the five-burner cooktop is the new thing, and I'm worried that's accomplished by sliding the center of the burners toward the edge. Do I just have to go to a showroom with a tape measure and work through them?

I really don't think I can have the burners any closer to the edge than my current 7". Particularly for those ranges with the "power burner" on what will be my wall side. My current range has the power burner on what is my counter side, and that gives me leeway for things like the big ol' canner.

If the distance is not standard, but you've encountered this problem and identified stoves that have particularly in-from-the-edge burners, I'd much appreciate those recs. Thanks for any advice!

Comments (5)