SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lotodig

Update on visit to Landzdown

lotodig
13 years ago

In the interest of sharing information I thought I would pass along the results of my visit to landzdown in regards to my request for help (I was booted off my local DSL provider because they said my computer was sending out spam and was using their base name as the sender.)

After much help from Corrine and the nice folks at Landzdown and many scans and reviews later,it seems that I do not and did not have a virus or trojan.

As near as I can figure the spamming incident might have occured when I decided to bounce some emails I had received in an effort to keep from getting any more emails from that particular sender. I had read somewhere that if you did that it would indicate to the sender that your email account had not received the junk mail and therefore would not be sending any more.

In a long discussion with the tech manager at my ISP where I had the problem, he told me to never do anything to junk spam mail except delet it.

I use Incredimail and I don't know if all Email providers use the same procedures but the bounce/block option is one of the options that can be used easily. But I won't be using it again....thought I would pass that on.

Oh and thank you RC for helping me get set up properly at LZd.

Comments (5)