SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arcticslalom_gw

Wolf or Viking Rangetop and Double Ovens?

ArcticSlalom
12 years ago

my wife and I are installing a new kitchen in the home we've recently purchased.

we're leaning towards a 48" gas rangetop with (6) burners and a griddle.

we're also thinking 30" double ovens and a warming drawer.

I'm not really set on Viking or Wolf, but have a local dealer in my remote town of Bismarck, ND. Have been looking also at Kitchen Aid, Jenn-Air, Bluestar and Thermadore. I'm not wild about a open burner (bluestar).

My dealer is convinced buying Viking for both is a no-brainer. She claims they are the "best for cooking" and are very reliable. My sales lady claims to have just purchased the 36" Viking and 30" double ovens and "just loves them!"

I've been reading mixed reviews about the electronics/electrical on the Vikings. many of these reviews are 5-6 years old, though. Don't have many friends or family who have ownership experiences with these units, so was looking for some general insight here on the website. It's pretty tough to find a bad review on a wolf.

How are the warranty on these models? Is the warranty important? Are they expensive to fix? Will they need many repairs? Which actually is more durable/reliable?

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! If we go with the Viking, I think we will purchase before end of december.

FWIW, we just bought a floor model 42" sub-zero. The same sales person was very helpful on getting us a great deal (in my opinion) on the floor model.

thanks!

Craig and Jessica

Comments (14)