SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lotodig

Serious situation, was booted off local dsl service !!

lotodig
13 years ago

After a long phone consult with my local IP I am back online and hope I can get some help. I was informed that if they have another incident from my computer, my service will be permanently discontinued.

Here's what has taken place.

I discovered yesterday that I had no dsl connection and after being unable to get a connection using the usual methods I wound up calling my provider, our local telephone company, Ben Lomand. I was informed that they had discontinued my service because they had detected that my computer (my ip address) was sending out spam mail and it was using their address as the sender "postmaster@blomand.net".

The person I talked to this morning is pretty sure that I have picked up some kind of virus that is not showing up on any of the scans I have done. That includes, Avast, Malwarebyte, superantispyware, online bitdefender. None of those show any kind of infection.

There was much more discussion about possible causes but I will stick to the basic facts in hopes of being clear about what is actually going on.

I have HP Pavilion,64, use FF

I hesitate to add this because I don't want to get too many issues going on at the same time BUT...when I tried to do an online scan from HOUSECALL and ESET, the web site flipped over to a site called VIRUSTOTAL. I have not downloaded this program and I cannot find this site in my files, I checked program files. I also cannot find it listed in my REVO UNINSTALLER.

Thanks for any help.

Comments (20)