SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juneroses_gw

Efficient Protection for Dial-Up

I have friends who connect to the internet with dial-up. (XP Home Edition; IE 6.0; 256 mg SDRAM). They are increasingly frustrated with McAfee Suite updates that bog down their computer. From lurking in this forum, I understand this is common for McAfee.

They use their computer for only two things: email and to check their portfolio at Fidelity. I donÂt think theyÂve ever surfed to another site.

I know that Avast and Zone Alarm are two programs favored by the knowledgeable on this site. Would they be efficient replacements for a dial-up connection or are there better choices?

As far as other software for them, I was considering Spyware Blaster, Malwarebyes Anti-malware, and Superantispyware. Are these good choices for dial-up? Again, IÂm trying to reduce download time but yet put effective protection in place  would this be overdoing it and/or are there better choices?

Thanks so much for your input. IÂve learned so much from this forum (but not quite enough!). I now log on here everyday, even when I donÂt have a question or a problem, just to learn a bit more.

June

Comments (7)