SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
premio53

Is AT&T being honest with us?

premio53
16 years ago

I'm sure many of you have seen the connect card commercial put out by AT&T. I live in a rural area and can't get DSL or cable internet service so dial-up is what we have been stuck with for years. My wife talked to an AT&T representative and he told her that in the past two months wireless internet has been available to where I live or any place where a cell phone signal can be picked up.

We plan on getting the connect card for $50 plus 60$ a month for the internet service. After we drop our land line it will not cost a penny more for broadband. However, my wife and daughter have a laptop and we wish to use a router so they would be able to connect while I am on the PC but the AT&T representative said we would have to buy one of their routers ($130). My wife received a free router with her laptop and I don't understand why it wouldn't work as well as any other router. It is a D-Link Wireless G series based on the IEEE 802.11g standard. Would anyone here know if it would work with the connect card? Thanks for any help.

Comments (11)