SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691726

Does anyone still have and use an honest-to-goodness cookie jar?

User
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Upon baking a batch of oatmeal-raisin cookies yesterday and placing them in a very utilitarian Tupperware-type container after they cooled, it struck me that I'd really like to have a cookie jar to keep on the counter for the occasions when we have cookies in the house. It would likely not sit out all the time, but to me there's something nostalgic about a cookie jar, and I'd just really like to have one. DH remembered a decorative jar that his mom had when he was growing up, and I've actually emailed her to ask if she still has it. It's a little bear on a stump eating from a jar of honey, and while not something I would choose without a backstory, the fact that it made DH's face light up to remember it -- and when I found a couple for sale on eBay -- now has it under consideration.

That said, I know that traditional cookie jars are not the most airtight storage available these days; still, we don't keep cookies around long enough for them to go stale, so ... I'd be open to a purely decorative OR a pretty jar that contains an airtight seal.

Do any of you still use such a thing in your kitchen regularly, and if so, could you share what you have?

Comments (59)