SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wannabchef

AG Range and wall oven or Dual Fuel Range?

14 years ago

First let me say I have been reading a lot here in the last couple weeks and have learned a lot. Thank you very much. There is so much information here and the rest of the "interweb" that it all becomes overwhelming.

We are building a new home and need some help on the selection of cooking appliances. It is a good size kitchen and can handle either choice. This will be the nicest house we have ever lived in and want the kitchen to be nice and efficient. I do most of the cooking and rate myself as "pretty good but still learning - a lot". I am still at the following recipe stage but have begun playing and teaking. I envision myself getting better and putting more effort into it so I want an upper scale appliance suite. Not a lot of baking going on - just some typical holiday cookies or box cakes now and again.

I have been intrigued by the dual fuel ranges but am still whammied by the tremendous discrepancy in pricing over a similarly equipped AG. The decison has been made for a 36" range (rangetop) with 4 burners and a grill.

The question is should we do an AG range and a wall micro/oven combo, a dual fuel range, or range top and wall oven combo?

We are looking at Dacor, Capital, Bluestar level. My appliance dealer also tells me that Kitchen Aid is coming out with a new Commercial type 36" dual fuel range that is supposed to be tops (and less expensive).

Like I said - overwhelming choices.

Sorry for the rambling first post but decision time is nearing and I am still lost. Without appliances chosen we can not do a kitchen layout...

Can I be helped?

TIA - Curtis

Comment (1)