SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emcsq_gw

Help Choosing a Range

emcsq
11 years ago

This is my first post, but I've been reading and gleaning so much information for these forums. I would love some opinions on gas or dual-fuel ranges.

We have a relatively small L-shaped kitchen that opens to a narrow family room/den. The cabinets, floors, and countertops are about 25 years old, so we are gutting it and starting over with hardwood floors, IKEA cabinets, and granite. The budget is fairly modest for a kitchen. We are doing all the labor ourselves (except granite).

Our plan is to get a Bosch dishwasher and either a Samsung or LG counter-depth refrigerator.

We are stumped on the range/microhood. We don't have enough space for a cooktop/wall oven, but I really love the look of the slide-in ranges. We have an electrician friend who can run electrical to convert to dual-fuel if we go that route.

The slide-in ranges that we've been most strongly considering are the Bosch Integra 700 HdI7282U and the GE Profile P2S975SEPSS. I know that Kitchen Aid also has one, but I haven't had a chance to research it yet. When we finalize the range, we wil probably just get the matching microhood with convection.

We lean toward the stainless cooktop surface of the GE Profile, but I like the overall look of the Bosch much better (I think the Bosch has a glass top). We have concerns about ease of cleaning and whether the quality truly justifies the ~$2500 price tags. Some reviews I've read about the Bosch mention cheap knobs (I called Bosch and they told me they've been replaced), a loud fan to cool the oven electronics, and problems with the door.

I'm getting very concerned and wondering if I should just go get the $1000 Frigidaire Gallery model at Lowe's and be done with it! I'm very much an amateur cook, but I would like to spend more time cooking and baking in my new kitchen...so I'd like a quality range for my money.

Thank you!

Comments (9)