SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seedbandito

Can't burn my pics but can burn music?

seedbandito
15 years ago

Am trying to copy all my photos that I've shot.... 2 years worth onto cd's. I have burnt pics before with no issues. Now all of the sudden I can't. I get some message saying... "There was an error and now the cd may not be usable".

I thought maybe it was a hardware issue but I can still burn music. I ran the troubleshooter for the device and it says it's working properly. I read the 'tips for burning cd's' and it says to close all windows, clear the recycle bin, delete temp folders, slow the write speed and a few other suggestions.

My PC is older, like 6 years and it had been running slower as of late, so I took it apart & cleaned it and bought more memory... another gig. Out of the 512MB of memory I only had a total of 91.6 available memory left. I put in the memory, PC is smoking and loading pages like new but still can't burn pics!!

I've had ruined more new cd's and can't figure out what's going on. I'm using Windows to burn pics and even the Camera software won't burn pics. Can't determine if it's a hardware or software issue.

My system is an Emachine T2892, AMD Athlon XP 2800+,

2.09 GHz, 120GB hard drive, 1.4 GB Ram. I have had no problems with this PC until now. If it wouldn't burn music then I would think it was a hardware problem.

I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.

Nancy

Comments (4)