SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marthavila_gw

Anybody Care To Make a Bet?

marthavila
15 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!

As some of you know, for months I've been back and forth on buying the Liebherr HC 2062 (Fully Integrated/FD/Bottom Mount). Much of my hesitation has been due to concern about the self-closing door issues and possible other kinks that have yet to surface and/or be worked out on this brand new Liebherr generation; the other issue has been cost. But, now that the economy is tanking so badly, I'm also thinking that many high-end appliances manufacturers may start doing some price corrections on their merchandise after the holiday season is over. Bottom line: if Liebherr were to make a price correction on their new fridge, I might feel a whole lot better about just plunking the $$$ down for their product, kinks and all. As such, and even though my kitchen reno is proceeding at a fast pace, I'm now giving serious thought to delaying my fridge purchase until early next year.

What do you think? Am I just spinning my wheels here? Do you think it likely that the manufacturers of the high end appliance world will soon lower their prices in order to stimulate consumer purchases OR the opposite? As one vendor told me this morning -- I should strike now because prices on many high end appliance lines will be going up in January. While the latter makes no sense to me, I'd still like to know what you think. Which way do you think prices will soon trend in the high end appliance retail market? Up or down or stay the course?

Comments (6)