SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marin_home

Design Comments Wanted!

marin_home
12 years ago

Hello!

My wife and I are planning on building a home and are just nearing the end of the design phase. Hopefully the home will be the one where we live out the rest of our days! The area is quite rural and we are situated in a saddle on a ridge so have nice views to the North and South but have some protection from the wind coming from the West. We have a young daughter and are hoping to have more little ones (fingers crossed!)

As for the home, we would like it to be 1) comfortable and practical for our family 2) place for extended family and friends to visit and feel at home 3) fluid indoor outdoor space 3) building that melds with the beautiful country side around the home.

The home will be a ranch/vineyard style house with large sliding pocket doors in the livingroom to maximize the views and making the large back porch an extension of the living/dining area. There is a pool to the south of the house and a pool house to the south east. There is a small bunk room above the West wing which I haven't shown but will be for visiting family kids.

Below is the site plan:

Copyright 2011

Below is the floor plan:

{{gwi:1507186}}
Copyright 2011

We would welcome any comments or suggestions you might have as we have been very impressed with the thoughtfulness of responses people have posted. The separated garage is something we would like to keep despite the challenge on rainy days. We are considering a basement for a wine cellar/game room/storage space.

Thanks for your help!

Comments (13)