SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
szmanthey

How Long Should Framing Take?

szmanthey
10 years ago

We are building a 2100 square foot ranch. My husband is the GC. (Please no criticism on that subject. Although he is not a builder he works in the commercial building and trades industry so we felt comfortable taking this on.)

Our framer bid the job stating it would be complete in 30 days. We are now on day 35 and there is still a lot to be done. The roof trusses are on but he still needs to put up most of the plywood sheeting, wrap the house and install the windows and exterior doors. I'm starting to get concerned that we won't have the house enclosed by the time cold weather hits. We've had a few rainy days but not enough to put him this far behind schedule. He didn't work Thursday or Friday because it was muddy from storms the night before. Needless to say, I am getting really frustrated. I now have to reschedule the roofer, siding and mason.

This framer was recommended by a friend because he does quality work. Of course we want quality but this is going to start costing us more if he doesn't get done soon.

How long should framing take?

Thanks for letting me vent.

Comments (14)