SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ginarenee_gw

Prepping a lot of land - California

GinaRenee
9 years ago

Hello, I wasn't sure to put this on here or the manufactured home spot as I am buying a manufactured home and placing on a lot of land, but need help with prepping the land and determining what is more beneficial (And this forum seems much more busier)

At this time I am debating whether to spend a little more and buy land with a shack on it in which has all major utilities on it (which in the area is about $145k) OR should I buy a lot of land bare (about $85k), and spend the money on buying and installing NEW utilities that are needed. The reason this is a hold up is 1. if it's roughly around the same price, wouldn't it be more beneficial to buy bare land and place new utilities on it? and 2. I have no idea what exactly is needed along with how much they cost!

So with that said, can anyone inform me of what exactly is needed in order to place a home on a piece of land, currently I know there is a water well, septic tank, electricity and propane/gas tank needed. Is there anything I'm missing? Also what kind of septic tank is required?
Secondly can anyone give me a round-a-bout figure of how much each of these cost and installation of them?

I know that prices are more than likely going to vary from state to state, if not city/county to city/county. But a general figure would be nice as I am completely lost here.

- If it helps any, we are going to be looking in the Amador/Calaveras County areas in CA.

Thank you :)

Comments (5)