SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teched_gw

Kid-friendly appliances

teched
16 years ago

Getting ready to overhaul the kitchen. The last time we did this, we had no kids. Things worked out okay, but I would like to try to get appliances the kids can use easily and that will hold up under use. My kids are 14, 10, and 7. The two oldest would like to cook more, but since we moved, our kitchen has been less than ideal (in fact, I am using toaster ovens and lighting the stove by hand).

We are looking at the Miele H4880B MasterChef oven with Perfect Clean, the Miele Inspira DW, and the Dacor Dacor Preference Series PGM3651. We liked the side swing door on the Gaggenau, but it seems like a small oven and it is really expensive. We have also looked at the Kitchen Aid DW because we loved the one we put in our old kitchen in 1992. I guess it was probably a Hobart from what I have read on this site. We already have a new fridge--could not get by without one when that dropped dead.

Anybody with little chefs out there? Are there any other appliances I should look at? I have been using a $59 microwave from Target for years. Would I and my little helpers benefit from a speed cooker?

I do plan to install a warming drawer.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (18)