SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
compumom_gw

WANTED: Stacy scores with an early birthday gift!

compumom
17 years ago

I walked in the house and found a box from Stacy waiting for me. One of the workmen had made sure I wouldn't miss it!

Stacy started her note by saying "Hello Old Friend", she wasn't razzing me about my age, rather reminding me that I sent her the first package she ever received in a CF swap!

The box looked like the Post Office had fun playing smoosh the package, but luckily nothing inside was damaged. I waited a short time for DH to get home with his camera and restrained myself from opening anything but a baggie of delicious "Crookies". I don't recall seeing a recipe, but I can assure you they are delish! Stacy, I need the recipe! So as I waited I munched a few and tried to arrange a photogenic tableaux. I don't think I succeeded, but here's what they looked like all {{gwi:1467160}} up.

I'm touched, Stacy sent me some of her first canning efforts! There's a jar of apple pie jam which is something I've been drooling over since it was first described on the forum. I love, love, love apples and cinnamon, I'm just not all that crazy for pie crust. Here's one I can eat straight from the jar or use it on a slice of toast or...I'll think of someway to make it last. I refuse to share with those who won't care!

There was also a jar of Stacy's first batch of jelly. It's a tangerine-lemon blend that is a lovely shade of yellow. That's great! This will taste fabulous on tomorrow's English muffin! The best part is that the recipe came from the cookbook called "Small Batch Preserving" which was also included in my package. Stacy tells me that this book was recomended by our Annie, who knows I won't be canning in her kind of huge quantities!

The last two items are Maple Syrup and a stoneware pitcher from Sprague's Maple Farms located nearby. The pitcher will happily serve the syrup and then be added to my small collection of pitchers. I'm going to make a special breakfast treat soon to put this syrup to the test.

Thank you Stacy for putting together the '{{gwi:1467161}} of birthday treats! I will think of you as I enjoy each and every one!

Comments (38)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!