SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cleanshirt1

help *virus*

cleanshirt1
14 years ago

Hello,

Basically, I have no way to interact with my computer to fix it with typical software. I am on a different computer. What do I do? Is there some anti-virus software can fix this problem automatically upon start up?? This virus is attacking everything.

Anyways, the program thatis in the task manager are, from what I can remember:

b.exe

There is at least one other virus but I can't remember it's name.

Basically what it does is pretend to be anti-spyware program called "protection system" or "protection service" that keeps asking me to pay for spywayre protection.

My real windows firewall keeps coming up with messages telling me it has blocked such and such from my computer.

Another thing is that if I try to visit any real page like NORTON, etc it won't let me, it goes to yet another ad page.

ANYWAYS, after leaving the computer off for a day and trying it today, basically it won't let me start in Safe mode, it attempts it and then says 'windows was unable to start". It only starts up in normal mode.

So, in the normal mode nothing occurs, I can only see my desktop background - no program icons nor "start" bar at the bottom.

Ctrl-alt-del reveals that the b.exe and several other programs are running, closing them only lasts for a moment.

Thanks,

DJ

Comments (8)