SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dutty_gw

New to Induction - Questions

11 years ago

We are getting close to our final appliance choices for our build and I've done a crazy last minute change. I was all set to do a 48" BlueStar and within the last week, I've been bitten by the induction bug. But, now I'm a bit behind the eight-ball with researching models and I've read a bunch of threads but I'm not sure I'm clear on a few things.

Currently I'm planning a 36" and am considering flush mount Wolf, Therm zoneless and Therm non-zoneless. That said, I'm open to suggestions. I know the Bosch is popular, too.

Now to the questions, is it possible to take a griddle or roasting pan and span it over two burners? We use griddle A LOT and a large pan isn't big enough for my crew. That said, I don't want to lug out an electric griddle all the time so I'm hoping I can find a solution for induction.

Which models have a bridge, or are they unnecessary?

I have a large family and often have 4-5 things going at once. If I did the zoneless Thermador, I can't put 3 pans on one side, correct? So I can't do a griddle on the left side and then fill the right side with the three other pans? So that sorta makes the cost exorbitant for what is essentially a three zone unit?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer. I know there are lots of threads on induction but I still can't get it all in my mind yet.

Comments (23)