SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnalexandra

Other Defragment Programs on my XP computers & computer noise?

lynnalexandra
13 years ago

Don't remember which thread I saw this on a while back, but I seem to recall that there are better defrag programs than the ones that are part of Windows XP computers. I think my daughter's computer (perhaps mine), could use more effective defragging.

Are there any particular (free is even better) defrag progams that I should use on my XP computers? This one by auslogics was recommended on instructions that were linked on another thread for using Acronis 2011.

http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/download/

Any recommendations appreciated.

The second problem is that my daughter's computer has started making a low whining sound this past month. I think/hope it's bc. her 40GB hard drive is too full (about 30-32GB full). She just started loading apps and Flip videos, so it went from nearly empty to too full. I am working to choose an external hard drive to get her documents onto there instead (just haven't gotten around to it yet). Again, it's a low whine - not quite a buzz but close - and it's rhythmic - cycles between 2 tones - one slightly louder than the other - each lasting a few seconds.

Thank you.

Lynn.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022