SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bigdoglover

Brand new Lenovo T500 - ugly fluorescent backlight

bigdoglover
15 years ago

I'm coming off a Compaq Presario laptop (several years old) and we just set up our new Lonovo T500 ThinkPad laptop. The screen backlight is just awful. It is like staring directly into a cold fluorescent light. The old Compaq has the look of an incandescent light. This is the only analogy I can think of to describe it. Both are LCD screens. The Lenovo is hard on the eyes, for me it is unpleasant bordering on painful. In addition, there is something about the print or the contrast that makes it a bit nebulous to focus in on. It seems a bit like the old dot matrix. Also unpleasant.

DH adjusted all the various things but there was nothing to change the coloration of the white screen. Thinking it might be a factory setting he called IBM and the customer "service" person would not transfer us to technical support because "the computer isn't under warranty". More correctly it will take two weeks for the warranty to register in their system since it's brand new.

All we want to know is if we can get a factory adjustment on the light or if it is what it is, in which case we will return it. Or if there is a way we didn't find to adjust the light to be warmer. I'm guessing it is a new "green" aspect of the computer where they used some environmentally correct lighting in there. Save the environment, ruin peoples' eyes.

Can anyone offer info on this?

Comments (2)