SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kdalters

Building with Wayne Homes-- OUCH!

kdalters
14 years ago

What the hell was I thinking????? Here's my list as of Sept 20 2009:

DIRT: I had a large space cleared for them (thousands of dollars) and they left the dig -out dirt in that clean space... several calls still there in part. 1/2 (_:_)

Garage Door Frame SIZE apparently you should record all meetings!! The VP of Construction really has his rehearsed rhetoric down

Garage Doors wrong style wrong R value (do your consulants listen? Isn't it their job to be detailed oriented and great listeners?)

Garage Walls - when they back filled they poured dirt down the garage wall. I called immediately they cleaned it 6-8 weeks later now stained, resolution... paint wall. not a very good resolution=cover it up...I still know its there and after a while it will seep back through the paint. = half (_:_)

Garage Floor would have been nice if someone would have disclosed they don't use drains they use the slope method but for less than $200 our floor would have been gradually sloped to a drain instead of nearing rediculous 1/4 in per foot for 27 feet = 6 3/4 inches from back to front. I hope George reads this!

Garage Man Door Frame Gashed- Oh! the PAINTER will fix that- right??

Garage Wall Finished- we'll drywall and sand but you have to paint--- what are we paying them for?

Front Door Dent Bottom Right- the painter will fix that too I was there yesterday 10/3/09 painter painted dent still there. waiting on call back I called at 4:30 pm it's 10:18am still no call...

Front Door Frame 2-45◦angles = 90◦ need I say more

Outside Lights different height - fixed

Porch Railing MISSING we're purchasing a signature home, sales team said railing included we have no railing

Check Roof - shingle already have nail raises

No Gasket on Outside Outlets-- House has a 1/4 inch gap between all exterior fixtures and siding; no gasket-- can you say BEES NEST and air entry?

Siding Edging pieces crooked-- apparently they should only build for people that don't care what's on the outside

Gutters Rough Edge/Seam-- I current live in a 1989 mobile home that has better seaming on gutters.

Front Porch SLURRY MESS-- I don't even have words.

Sealant Outside French Doors split-- that spray on stuff that's supposed to help channel the water; already cracked at seam

Basement Entry Floor Rough- do real masons do your cement work?

Basement Finished Wall-- I already found out I'll have to paint that. WOuld have been nice to know I needed $3000 more to finish the half (_:_) stuff after they leave.

Basement Wall Cracked block + mortor = basement wall block + mortor that needed more moisture = bad block to block connection... that's why there's a crack, right?

Handrail from Bsmnt to Ktchn - completed :)

Kitchen Cabinet Drawers Crooked will not close. no description needed.

Cabinet False Drawer gapped-- hung wrong...

Cabinet Door hinge Gap....THE MODEL IS NOT WHAT YOU WILL BE PAYING FOR!!!!

Office: Gash in Wall to Right of Window -- painter fixed it.

Squeaky Board in Floor to Right of Window -- more nails please. I've got all the screws(ed) I can handle.

French Door Frame bumped, gashed, no security, bottom of door will not lock

Squeaky Board in son's Room to Right of Window again more nails please.

Wall Texture??? So here's a serious issue. Dry wallers please read and tell me this is not normal... every seam can be seen. the painter's have now painted every wall. seriously messed up. 10/3/09

Wall Gapped at Bottom = Poor Practice

bad wood used in floor joist-- they put new ones beside it ... it looks like _________. I can see it now: Oh Kim what a great new house.... how long is it going to take you to fix all the stuff that doesn't meet your expectations??? I'll move before it's fixed I'm almost certain.

ask about return air - no vent - common practice we asked specifically our on site supervisor if they would be putting in return air duct work (hvac guys doesn't duct work mean that there should be metal between the drywall and the air that is being moved)?

ask about bath tub screw up= we talked to the consultant told her how we wanted the bathroom and guess what we now have 2 additional bathtubs sitting in our basement a $2000 mistake (do you have consultants that listen?)

On site supervisor made a gas line change without our authority now water and gas lines criss cross

10-4-09

Found more stuff yesterday, but I don't feel its fair to post without first giving them a chance to respond to my call from yesterday. It's now 11:01am still waiting on that call back

Comments (2)