SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zoenipp

Looking for good multiclad cookware set

zoenipp
16 years ago

Hi, I'm now in the market for a set of tri or multi clad cookware to use on my (fairly) new Wolf range. I had been planning on buying the Kirkland set at Costco (I've seen it recommended on this forum many times). However, it's no longer displayed on the website or available in my local Costco. I had the Costco service desk look it up for me in their system and they say it's no longer available. Next, I looked up the Members' Mark set on Sam's website (also highly recommended on this forum) and it's no longer displayed on their website. I'm no longer a member of Sam's Club so I don't know if it's available in the warehouses. So now I'm considering Tramontina (I think I read on here that Tramontina made the Kirkland and Member's Mark sets). There appear to be two different lines of Tramontina - a cheaper line sold through Walmart and various websites for $150-225 and a more expensive line sold through gourmet websites that sells for $299.00 (8-piece) and $599.00 (13-piece). Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these two lines? I hate to pay $600.00 for that set but I do like the look of and pieces included in it. Is the quality difference real? I have also looked online at a Calphalon set sold through Macy's. I think Martha Stewart may even have a triclad set sold through Macy's. I'd appreciate any thoughts on these specific lines/brands and to hear any other viable options. Does anyone know why Costco/Sam's are no longer carrying the Tramontina clones?

I know that the general advice is to buy good individual pieces of All-Clad and the like by bargain-hunting at TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning, etc. However, I have an Emerilware disk-bottom set right now that I will take to use on the electric range at our vacation home so I will be "without" while I bargain-hunt if I go that route. I have several very well-used pieces of LeCreuset and 2 Lodge cast-iron skillets but I need the triclad pieces on an everyday basis as well. I'd prefer to go ahead and buy a set and then bargain-hunt to fill in gaps.

TIA for any advice/suggestions/recommendations.

Comments (9)