SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamrock_gw

Griddle Selection Help for Wolf 36" Cooktop

jamrock
11 years ago

Hi all.

I have a Wolf 36" cooktop (the 5-burner 36G/S).

I just got a limited-space drawer installed immediately under my cooktop (useable space in drawer is 12.5"D - front to back - Ugh! I thought it would be about 14"D - height is fine at about 3 or 4" and width is fine at about 32"). The important measurement here, I think, is the useable space in the drawer - front to back, which is 12.5". Still a good place for heavy iron pans!

I need a griddle to put over 2 burners (front to back on my Wolf - I know the BTU's are different on the burners, but I will adjust the flame accordingly).

If you have a griddle/grill combo you love, please do not be silent - I would love to hear all input about this - I am still undecided.

I have an almost 4 year old so I have been thinking griddle because I am tired of doing lonely pancakes one at a time in my cast iron skillet and that won't work when he gets older and friends sleep over!

Does anyone have a griddle they use on their 36" cooktop and love? (Great if you have the same cooktop, but I still want to hear from others with similar cooktops).

I have seen some positive talk here about the Chef King 12x20 and 14x23 griddles, so I have been looking at those but please feel free to educate me on other griddles you love and why.

Does anyone have any of these griddles and can tell me about your love (or hate) for them?

Also if you have a 12x20 or a 14x23 Chef King can you please measure it for me - the short side - at the top where it flares out a bit? I would love to know if they will fit in my drawer without a problem. I emailed the manufacturer and they said the "12x20 is less than 12 inches after it has been stamped out", so it sounds like the smaller one will fit but there is nothing like one of us with a measuring tape! Also, will the bigger one fit too?

For you griddle experts, besides the important size of my drawer, should I be considering one size griddle over the other based on other factors that I am unaware of?

Obviously I want to store this heavy monster in that drawer only 2" away, but I still want to decide wisely.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (13)