SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grammagribble

Stainless steel cookware

GrammaGribble
11 years ago

I am in the market for a new set of cookware and I am thinking of making the leap to stainless. The only stainless piece I have is a sauce/stockpot with pasta & steamer inserts from when I had my first apartment a hundred years ago. It's still a great pasta pot, but when I want to make pasta AND sauce I have to use another pot for pasta since I don't like the way my sauce tastes out of my non-stick Calphalon pots (also from my first apartment). I'm thinking of going piece by piece unless there's a set out there that I can really sink my teeth into. I want to be able to use the stockpot for sauce, small batches of stock, braising, etc. Questions are: what is a good size stockpot for what I'm looking to do? What is a good/reliable brand without having to take out a second mortgage for one single piece? Is it better to look for a set or go piece by piece to get what I truly want? Would I have to mix n match brands? Besides 18/10, what other features should I look for? I thank you for any info you can pass on!!! =)

Comments (7)