SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladyamity

Anything VISTA Comparable to Microsoft Digital Image Pro 9 ?

ladyamity
16 years ago

Hi Everyone!

Right now I'm using:

Compaq Presario

Windows XP Home

BroadBand

As a surprise, my husband brought home for the whole family a new computer.

Good, no?

No.

It is a HP Pavilion A1710N

and it's got Vista as an OS.

The Vista is the problem.

Not a single program we've purchased whether it be music, landscape, home remodel, clipart, games or Photo can be used on our new Vista as they are all for XP Windows.

I don't care one way or the other as it's the rest of the family that uses the bazilion purchased programs so they are going to have to dig into their pockets to make a fix.

What I care about is finding out through a web search that Microsoft Digital Image Pro 9 is no longer in production, nor does it have upgrades for Vista -- ACK!

I use this program several times daily because of it's ease and one-click fixes.

Does anyone know of a comparable photo editing program that has the same ease of use?

I have PhotoShop CS (?--some $800 program that my son already had on this laptop) on this computer right now but opening up that program I might as well be reading hieroglyphics ! I love my MDI Pro 9 *sigh*

Any information about a Digital Imaging program for Vista with the same or at least very similar capabilities as my beloved Microsoft Digital Image Pro 9 will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so very much,

Amity

Comments (5)