SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
samtom_gw

More printer trouble

samtom_gw
11 years ago

More printer trouble

This is on a Dell Dimension 4700 with 2 GB of Ram and XP The printer is a HP Laser Jet 1000. I had an issue with it in August 2011 and you all got me back on track. See

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/comphelp/msg0822585016651.html. I really appreciated

the help.

Now, about 14 months later a new issue. I was in the middle of a print job on a sizeable document. I always print in about 20 page sessions. And, print one side, and then print the other side of a double sided document. Then, move to the next 20 pages.

I had a paper jam and cleared it during a 20 page segement. When I attempted to restart, the printer kept attemping to feed additional paper even while a sheet was moving through the cycle.

It did not print anything.

I found the old post and reread the suggestions including the one from PK Ponder. I followed those instructions without success.

I removed the software and then re-installed it. A test page printed OK, but when I attempted to print another document I experienced the same issue, no print and repeated attempts to feed more paper.

The printer is about 8 years old. Any suggestions for breathing life back in to this one or is it time to go printer shopping.

If that's what is needed, any recommendations?

Many thanks,

Tom

Comments (2)