SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sue_brunette

Bosch induction- power sharing boost question

Can anyone that owns a Bosch induction cooktop clarify a few things for me? On the 36", the center hob is a dual 7" and 11". I think I read that only the 7" has boost and the 11" does not have boost. It lists total watts as 1800/2500/3600. Is the large hob the 3600 watts then? Is 3600 watts plenty to get a big pot of water boiling quickly, or do most people have a hob that boosts to be higher than that?

One other thing, when you use boost on one of the smaller hobs, either right or left, does the hob on the same side only work on the lowest setting or does it actually shut off? Or can you actually use the hob not being boosted at any of the normal power settings? I had thought when power sharing, the hob that wasn't on boost would work the same as it normally did when neither hob was using boost.

Kind of a related question, but regarding the Miele 36" induction-I read that you can boost on 3 hobs at the same time. Is that any three or one in each of the three zones-right, center, left. Does the Miele power share too? And if so, does the unboosted hob in the zone work on lowest setting, not at all, or at any normal setting.

I thought I understood how these things work but it seems every manufacturer words things a little differently and now I am confused. Thanks for any guidance you can give.

Comment