SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xrayjay_gw

Sub Zero 700 series and new BI-36

15 years ago

Hello all. Long time lurker here.

My wife and I need some help finalizing our fridge selection. We basically have decided we need more than a 48" SXS and are going to go with "all" SZ units. We are going to panel and would like for the units to blend in with the decor as much as possible. Our choices are the following:

1. SZ 700TR (27" all fridge) and SZ 700TF (27" all freezer)

2. SZ 736TC (36" fridge/freezer) x 2

3. SZ BI-36 (36" all fridge and freezer) in flush inset

Each choice has pros and cons. The two 736 units would be the most expensive by at least $1500 but they are fully integrated and probably will give us more fridge space than we need. The 700TR/TF option and the BI 36 option are similar in price, however, you get more cubic feet with the BI option of course. The thing we like about the 700TR/TF option besides the fully integrated look is that we get two bottom fridge and freezer drawers which would be great for our 3 little girls so that they can grab their snacks. What we don't like about the 700 option is the width of the fridge unit in particular.

Does anyone out there have any strong feelings on one option over another? I realize there probably aren't many owners of the new BI 36 out there but there several that have the older all 36" units. Do you wish you would have gone with the integrated line?

BTW, we have looked at other integrated units like the Thermador columns and we (the wife especially) likes the interior layout of the SZ more. We are going to stay away from Viking and Monogram.

Thanks a bunch!

Comments (6)