SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lookingglassgarden

ARG! aol.....the techs havent fixed it, can you help?

lookingglassgarden
16 years ago

I recently purchased a new vista and aol ready computer. Had aol previously but wanted to start with a new screen name and account instead of the old account. (Mainly because old screen name was in all caps and way long) From the very start at the welcome screen aol would not accept my screenname and password. I can log onto aol but cant access my preferences, keyword, account etc.

Ive talked to the techs several times, my password has been reset a kazillion times. They say it could be their problem and to keep trying. Ive learned about password stealers but I feel this isnt an issue scince it started from initial set up. Here are some of my questions:

I notice my sign on has my screen name in lower caps while my mail and welcome have everything in all caps like the last time I had aol....is something wrong here?

Can I uninstall aol and reinstall even when it came already on my computer? How? What if I already have it installed more than once...how do I find that out? THe initial installation was stopped (because they realized I had an old account) and restarted...could this have caused the confusion?

Thanks for helping this novice!

Comments (6)