SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

viruses on my computer

Kathsgrdn
15 years ago

I'm wondering if someone can help me. Two days ago my computer started acting funny and a virus scan program would pop up on my computer. I thought it was from Microsoft but I'm thinking it's a virus, because it won't go away. The fourth or fifth time it popped up I started to download the scan and then thought maybe I shouldn't and stopped it.

Then I used my AVG scanning program to scan and it found three different Trogan viruses. I thought I got rid of them. But, today AVG pops up saying there was a "fake scan" and another virus on my computer. I couldn't get rid of it, the only options were to cancel or send it to the virus vault, whatever that was...so that's what I did. A few minutes later the other one came up and I clicked to "heal" it and AVG came back saying it couldn't heal it. So, now I'm doing another scan of my computer with AVG and hope I can get rid of them this way. Even after scanning and deleting the viruses yesterday and the day before, the pop up scan keeps coming back. I just close it out. Oh, and after I scan I turn my computer off and restart it. But still the fake scan thing keeps popping up.

Do I need to take it to a computer repair place or can I fix this myself? I really hate to lose everything again by having them wipe my computer. I thought having AVG would prevent this from happening.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County