SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momto4kids_gw

WANTED: Gina W Rocks!!!

momto4kids
18 years ago

Wow! Today was my busy day outside the house and I arrived home to find a big ole box from Gina W!!! Woohoooo!

Out popped {{gwi:1462025}} and a wonderful note from Gina. She clearly did her research on me! She organized the four items into groups. Here are {{gwi:1462026}}helping!

1. {{gwi:1462027}} Â Oh Gina, now where did you dig up this info? Gina found two good-sized scoops and a little pot. They are beautiful. I love them!! DonÂt worry! TheyÂll be useful and decorative! Did you know how I love copper anything and I collect it, too?

2. {{gwi:1462028}} Â I LOVE anything ginger!!!

a. Penzeys Australia Crystallized Ginger - I have my very first Penzeys spice! IÂve arrived! I canÂt wait to use it!

b. Minced Ginger - This is soooo hard to find around here in my neck of the woods. This jar will be closely guarded!

c. Sushi Ginger - Gina says, in addition to sushi, this ginger is a nice accompaniment to salmon or any other kind of seafood. I am really looking forward to trying this. I noticed the jar even has a website for recipes (bluedragon dot com). IÂll be all over that website checking out some great recipes!

d. Shiitake Ginger Salad Dressing & 10 Minute Marinade - Wow! IÂm looking forward to using that! IÂm grilling chicken tonight and IÂve just decided to use this as the marinade and dipping sauce!

e. Ginger Chews - because "Everyone needs a little spice in their life!" These are going to be hidden in my purse! TheyÂre mine, all mine! I canÂt wait to try them. IÂm sure it has a terrific blend of sweet and zing!

3. {{gwi:1462029}} Â Gina found where I mentioned the kids have been delving into Japanese food. Look at this fantastic assortment of chopsticks! GinaÂI have to tell youÂthe training pack is fabulous! It sure beats the paper I folded up and rubber banded to the ends! The kids want to use them for dinner tonight! The other chopsticks are beautiful!

4. {{gwi:1462030}} Â These are just fabulous! I love them. I love that they are all different. We always have a need for dipping bowls and I donÂt have nearly enough. These bowls are so pretty, theyÂll quickly become the most used ones! And now that IÂm going to use the Shiitake Dressing/Marinade as a dipping sauce tonightÂtheyÂll get used right away!

HereÂs {{gwi:1462032}} Wow! Gina, this was such a wonderful, generous swap package! You did a great job. ItÂs as though I handed you the shopping list!! You chose perfect items for me!

Thank you! Thank you!!

Deb

Comments (35)

• RuddMD
    18 years ago

Oh I love this! Your little helpers are so cute.

Gina, great idea with the chopsticks. Love the chop stick helper. :)

The copper pan is beautiful, as are the copper scoops.

Who knew ginger could be bought in so many ways? Deb, you'll have fun finding ways to use those. The ginger chews sound delicious.

Enjoy!

• Terri_PacNW
    18 years ago

That is a very neat package.
    Definately unique!

I need to find those chopstick helpers. The boys are always trying to figure out how to hold them, and I agree the paper rubberband thing just doesn't work.

• Related Discussions

Happy Birthday Gina_W!

Q

Comments (23)
    Geez, I'd have never guessed you were that old either. Of course, I'm so !@#$% old that I forgot how old you were AND I was late for your birthday. (grin) Happy birthday and have a great dogcation. Give Odo an extra scratch or two, he deserves it. He's on vacation! Annie
    ...See More

Advice on choice of rocks to help w/drainage

Q

Comments (2)
    Up here in Virginia, River Jack is the stone of choice for such things. Comes in a few different shapes and sizes and can be delivered in bulk. Washed gravel is also a good choice for that--it's got more "dull" to it than something like River Jack, but it's usually cheaper and easier to move around (if you're going to be putting it in yourself). Don't forget to add a liner underneath! http://www.hallslandscapers.com
    ...See More

livingroom w/ cedar trim with a tan rock fireplace. Paint & flooring

Q

Comments (1)
    Pictures would help
    ...See More

Under Deck Weed Killer + Barrier w/o rock or ?

Q

Comments (3)
    What kind of "weed killer"? Different ones do different things and unless there are weeds there now, some won't do anything to bare ground. On the other hand, products that would be effective on bare ground for some time into the future, might also damage nearby plants, depending on what is in the vicinity, of which we have no knowledge. Usually, it is so dark and unfriendly to all plants below decks that weed growth is not prolific. I've always taken care of it like any mulched bed ... shoot active weeds with glyphosate and apply preen on a schedule to keep future weed sprouting to a minimum. Once weeds are controlled for a couple of years like this, barely any more come to hang around. Weed "barrier"/fabric is ultimately not going to help. A good layer of mulch will help, though.
    ...See More
  • arabellamiller
    18 years ago

I just got some of those Ginger Chews at TJ's! Haven't even unpacked them yet. They are so, so good.

Great swap package Gina!

Enjoy your goodies with those adorable kids.

AM

• stacy3
    18 years ago

I just love all the copper things - beautiful choices Gina.

Deb, your description shows your enthusiasm! The "training" chopsticks - besides being something I could use - remind me of "training" waterskis - lol...

Stacy

• wizardnm
    18 years ago

Deb, those 4 helpers are keepers. They look so intent on what they're doing.

Gina... you really did do your homework. Very nice, love the copper.

Nancy

• homesforsale
    18 years ago

Super! the post and the gifts..you have adorable kids and a very pretty kitchen:)

• sheshebop
    18 years ago

Awesome theme! I adore those copper scoops! And the dipping bowls are so cute. (But I hate ginger, lol) That was an awesome package! Very clever and cute items!

• annie1992
    18 years ago

I love it all, especially the helpers. Your littlest boy looks so intent, he's serious about this! LOL

I love the ginger chews and ReneeKY sent me a jar of that sushi ginger once. It's good right out of the jar, but I like ginger.

The copper is lovely and so are those little dipping bowls. I particularly like the creamy colored one, it kind of reminds me of a fish, for some reason.

The "training" chopsticks, though, they're my favorite and I'll bet your kids are going to eat EVERYTHING with chopsticks for a little while.

Enjoy everything Deb, it's a great swap box.

Annie

• lori316
    18 years ago

HA...I STILL use the chopstick helpers! LOL

Gina, the copper things are beautiful, as are your kids, Deb.

• riverrat1
    18 years ago

Whoa! Great Going Gina!!

Deb, you really scored! I have a set of copper measuring cups that hang on a copper placket with four hooks. I use them all the time.

Let us know how the training day goes with the chop sticks. I know that's going to be a fun meal!

I think of all your goodies I like the children the best! You can send them down for a visit? So very sweet! Are the girls twins?

• User
    18 years ago

Gina, you really put together something special for Deb. I would have been happy with the three copper measuring cups. They are going to look amazing in Deb's kitchen. Oh and those little dipping bowls - how cute are those. I like the easy to use chop sticks for the kids too.

Mother's little helpers are so cute.

Ann

• deanna1949
    18 years ago

I think maybe that package got sent to the wrong address. It should have come to me!! Everything in it is delightful. The dipping bowls are divine, and you can't beat copper for beauty.

Love your kitchen and your adorable children. I'd say you're probably a very busy lady, Deb. Very classy package, Gina.

• kent4489
    18 years ago

Deb, What a fabulous package! Your kids are really cute!

Gina, Yes, you do Rock! Great gifts!

• Gina_W
    18 years ago

I'm sorry it was late! I started early - over the Christmas holiday - and I still was racking my brain over themes, etc. Finally it just clicked. These swaps really do make you smarter :-)

I loved the "training" chopsticks - I thought Deb's kids would like those.

• trixietx
    18 years ago

Deb, you have the cutest little helpers!

I love the copper and dipping bowl group, I REALLY love the copper group.

Another great package! You did good, Gina.

• blueiris24
    18 years ago

What a generous package, Gina. I especially love the copper measuring cups. Are those 4 children opening a package without arguing about anything? They are adorable. They will have so much fun with those chopsticks -- very thoughtful Gina!

• craftyrn
    18 years ago

You have a beautiful family Deb !

Gina-what a delightful swap you put together--love the idea of the chopsticks group--fun & educational for Deb's whole family .

Diane

• KatieC
    18 years ago

And more dollfaces. What cuties. (I think I'm ready for grandkids...)

I've gotten a swap package from Gina...she really knows how to pack a box!

• traceys
    18 years ago

Wow is right Deb. Love the theme. I don't think I can pick a favorite but those dipping bowls are beautiful then again so is the copper.

Your kids are so cute and very focused. I'm sure they'll love those chopsticks.

Great package Gina.

Tracey

• User
    18 years ago

Those helpers sure are cute!

Gina you really put together a wonderful collection of great things. I love your groupings and everything is just so Gina.....and that's a good thing!

Enjoy it all Deb : )

• chancesmom
    18 years ago

Wow, Gina really did her homework! Very beautiful package (and a beautiful kitchen too!)

Kids look like great fun! Bet they keep you busy.

janet

• momto4kids
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for the nice comments about my little helpers! I'll keep them a little while longer. They're still not much trouble...yet!

Gina sent so many wrapped up items, Matthew got tired of unwrapping after the first one and left! No worries. That left more for Michael, Lindsay and Gigi to open!! They were having a ball! Then of course, they wanted to help place the items for photographing. Yes! Four kids can keep me very busy! EVERYTHING becomes a group project!!

I've already eaten up one pack of the Ginger Chews. Oh, I love these! I'm scouring recipes so I can prepare a nice meal using some of the ginger, the chopsticks and the dipping bowls!!

Gina, again...thank you!!

• lsr2002
    18 years ago

What a wonderful package and wonderful children you have Deb. Gina that is a great assortment of gifts you put together. The big Chinese box is certainly a special container for everything.

I love those ginger chews too, and I know you'll enjoy using all the other ginger items (ginger is one of my three favorite flavors too and I use it in every form).

The collection of sauce dishes and chopsticks are fun too. I'll be looking forward to your report about using the cooking chopsticks and how your kids liked their "trainers".

The copper sets everything off so beautifully.

Have fun Deb.

Lee

• lowspark
    18 years ago

What a creative and unique package! The helpers look like they're having fun. I love the copper scoops!

• alison
    18 years ago

That's a wonderful package. I'd never heard of chopstick helpers -- sounds like something to be on the lookout for.

I love ginger, too, and that jar of minced ginger is wonderful. Makes it so easy to pop ginger into a recipe spontaneously -- which is the best way to experiment. I love the Ginger People and have bought a lot of their products. I think I need to look for this! (I spent too much time last night mincing ginger to keep in a jar of oil in the fridge -- so much easier to find it on a shelf already!)

Great package, Gina -- Deb hope you an all your helpers enjoy in good health!

• doucanoe
    18 years ago

That copper is so pretty! Deb, you will now be the envy of the neighborhood with that fabulous collection of chop sticks! Everything Gina chose is wonderful as alwasy!

Your kids are beautiful, too!

Linda

• gardeningwithbaby
    18 years ago

What a nice package. What a way to make someone's day.

Stacie

• robinkateb
    18 years ago

I need to find some of those chopstick helpers. Sebastian is actually quite good with chopsticks and has been since about the age of 2. however he needs the paper and rubberband thing, or the kind that is attached. However he has snapped several of the attached ones. He is a fidgeter.

I love it all!! The dipping bowls are beautiful, outside of the kids chopsticks I love the very first set in the photo. Something about that simple dot pattern really appeals to me.

Of course the copper is beautiful and it will look wonderful in Deb's beautiful kitchen. I love the photo of the helpers.

-Robin

• debbie814
    18 years ago

What a nice package! Those chopstick helpers are a great learning tool. I always put the paper and rubber bands on the wooden ones for the kids but the helpers are way cool. The dipping bowls are fantastic, and I've looked at the picture 3 times so far!! Enjoy Deb. Great job Gina!

• lakeguy35
    18 years ago

Love the dipping bowls, very unique! The copper items are great too and I could use the chopstick helpers. LOL Looks like the kids are having a fun time! Great package Gina!!

David

• shaun
    18 years ago

I loved it all! Especially the dipping bowls! So nice.

Gina you did a good job.

• compumom
    18 years ago

What a great swap box Gina sent! I know that ginger wouldn't last a week in our house. Of course your helpers are adorable, they're still at "fun ages"!
    Enjoy it all1

• jessyf
    18 years ago

Gina, fess up where you got all those treasures. We shop the same stores so I can kinda figure it out :-).

Enjoy Deb, looks like you got a great box (of course mine - receiving and getting are in that category too, bwahaha)!

• Gina_W
    18 years ago

Well the Penzeys was from Penzeys! Some of the ginger finds were from Tubac, Arizona. The chopstick helpers were a completely accidental find. I'll have to see if they still have any.

• Tikanas2
    18 years ago

Well Gina, you DO rock! What a nice swap pkg! I love the chopstick helper and those dishes are awesome.

Tikanas