SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frenchman_gw

French top cooking versus more burners

frenchman
15 years ago

Hi,

I just bought a house and while the kitchen is pretty small and galley-style, I intend to put a real nice range in it (it currently has a 30" electric range, and I have to have gas again).

I've been looking at a number of ranges / brands online so fa, and reading these forums and others, and one of the things that I am being attracted to are the ranges with a French top, like the Lacanche or BlueStar. I've read good things about both brands and they end up being pretty comparable in price for such a 48".

I've never used a French top before (growing up with regular-width appliances in France and here), but am definitely interested in the idea and the apparent flexibility of it. I am wondering though:

- On one of these appliances, can you put more than a couple saucepan on it at a given time (if not, just use burners at different settings)?

- Can you use the top to throw food on and cook it straight on it?

- Is the French top a good use of space versus 2 extra burners?

What are your experiences with the different configurations if you have any? (I am also interested in a direct Lacanche vs BlueStar perf. comparisonÂor other brands for that matter if it's relevant.)

Thanks!

Comment (1)