SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cas66ragtop

Remove garden tub - replace with washer & dryer?

cas66ragtop
12 years ago

I have a strange question. Of course I am strange, so it goes with the territory.

We have a large garden tub/jacuzzi in the master bathroom and there is a seperate shower. We are "shower people", we hate bathtubs. We have never used this tub and doubt we ever will. We are not organized or patient enough to draw the water 1 hour ahead of time in this huge monstrosity to get any use out of it. It is just a waste of space. I was thinking of remodeling the bathroom, making the shower larger, getting rid of the tub entirely, and putting a washer & dryer where the tub sits. It is a large bathroom - we have a walk-in closet, and this is also where my wife irons clothes, so its not too much of a stretch to also have the washer & dryer there. It would work great for our lifestyle. The washer & dryer is presently located in a small laundry room. Taking the washer & dryer out of there would give us a really nice linen closet or storage room.

I was just wondering if we were to do this, would it turn people off when it came time to sell the house? Will people look at this as being strange? Just about every new house I see, there is always a seperate shower and garden tub. Is this REALLY what people want, or is this just what the builders THINK people want?

Comments (12)