SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
a1an

Do you find certain brands just expensive to repair over replace

a1an
14 years ago

I've had some repairs on my Wolf Stove. Luckily it was covered under pre warranty and post warranty *purchased extended warranty*. I'd be scared to even wonder what a visit/part would cost.

Don't really need appliances repaired but I just brought a Miele Vac to get repaired. This was their top of the line unit about 6-7 years ago....Miele Mystic Gray. Just got a quote back to repair it. $60 for labor , $15 estimate fee (hopefully to be applied to repair) and I'm not sure how INFLATED it is, but $130 for the part. All in all, I was expecting a simple part - maybe half of what the repair costs is. Something about the contact pin where the roller is where the cord winds up.

Just digressing but I'm just curious what ya'll experience has been.

Cars - depending on make/model - u have to pay to play and I expect problems / if not $$ expensive problems out of warranty.

Hell, even my $$ rotary nozzle for the pressure washer. They only have a limited # of hrs on it before you need to rebuild the nozzle. The rebuild kit for the damm nozzle is $10-$15 less than buying a brand new nozzle.

Comment