SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dee_can1

minidump file?

dee_can1
15 years ago

I'm having a few problems with my wireless network. Yesterday, I tried to change a setting in the Network Filter Setting area of my d-link router. My two computers are acting a little strange, and I wanted to only allow this laptop to be admitted into the network. I just have visions of other people using my network...

I found the physical address of my laptop ok, entered it in, saved settings; and nothing worked after that. So, I had to reset the router and my settings. I can connect to the internet now, but I'm afraid to change the filter settings.

I decided to disable to WAN ping this morning (the router says no one else can pick up your computer signals if you do that). So I did this. I think everything went fine.

But, eventhough I have my network set up (private), I keep connecting to something called "Network" (public), eventhough my private network is set to start up automatically on start, I believe. So, once I'm unwillingly connected to this public network, I have to disconnect, and reconnect on my private network, and delete the public network (I do this where under the 'customize' link by my private network's name). But, the public network keeps coming back, and overrides my private one.

A new development this morning - I clicked on a link telling me that there's a problem, and it shows I have a minidump.mdmp file in my temp files. Is this connected with my network problems? Do I delete this file? What is it? Thank you for any help.

Comments (5)