SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thirdfrt

Just received a free Norton Update Huh?

thirdfrt
14 years ago

Hi to all,

I just received an e-mail from Norton/Symantec and it says update your defense today, get your free Norton Antivirus 2010 Update. Sorry but this will be a little long but I want you all to be able to see everything that it has to say from my email. It says:

When your computer, identity, files and money are at risk, you can't afford not to update your protection. By taking advantage of this Free Update, you will receive:

NEW Norton Download Insight: Flags dangerous downloads before you install them

NEW SONARÂ 2: Detects the latest threats in real time

NEW Norton System Insight: Pinpoints anything causing your computer to slow down

Update your protection for free and keep you, your family and your PC protected from the latest online threats.

Deny Digital Dangers

Cybercrime has surpassed illegal drug trafficking as a criminal moneymaker

Every 3 seconds, an identity is stolen online

Average cost to repair identity theft: $1,865

A victim of identity theft can spend an average of 165 hours recovering losses

Learn More >>

Make sure our emails end up in your inbox, not your bulk or junk folders.

Simply add symantec@reply.digitalriver.com to your email address book or trusted-sender list.

*If you choose to download Norton AntiVirus 2010, you will have the right to use this product for no additional charge until the expiration of your current Norton AntiVirus subscription, subject to acceptance of the Symantec License Agreement included with this product and available for review at www.symantec.com. Protection updates and new product features as available during your subscription period are included. Product features may be added, modified, or removed during your subscription period. Annual subscriptions available for subsequent renewal.

Copyright © 2009 Symantec Corporation. All rights reserved. Symantec, the Symantec logo, Norton, and SONAR are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.

Symantec Corporation, 20330 Stevens Creek Blvd, Cupertino CA 95014

I have 115 days on my prescription and then, will I need to download the 2010 CD that I normally purchase? This does not say anything about it being a beta version. Why would they send me 2010 by email free? I will have to put 2010 in once my time is up anyway. Doesn't make sense to me. Does anyone know why they are doing this ahead of time and making it free?

I'm Confused. "lol"

thirdfrt!!!

Comments (6)