SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dnilsen_gw

Building after tragedy

12 years ago

Hey all,

I am new to the forum and have been lurking reading about everything you have been saying about building a new home and trying to soak it all in. We lost our home on July 10th of this year to lightening and we were not even looking for a house much less looking at house plans. I feel like we have been thrown into all of this suddenly (which we have of course) and I am really nervous/excited and any other adjective you can think of when it comes to building a new house. We found a house that we like online, but did not like the inside at all. We hired the architect that designed the house to redo the inside and he has been great to work with. I am getting nervous about the cost to build. Insurance paid our house off and we had some equity in it, and we have a 25% over allowance due to having a H05 when this happened (thank goodness). How are you finding the building cost to be in the economy? Good? Bad? I know it will vary with what area of the country you are in, but we are in the south. Any southerners out there?

Debra

Comments (19)