SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wi_sailorgirl

Marble countertop in bathroom? Experiences, please

wi-sailorgirl
13 years ago

It's funny how the things you plan first in a remodel have a tendency of falling apart so close to the end.

One of the first things I decided on for our new bathroom was a quartz counter. I liked the cleaner, modern look of them, but I especially liked the low-maintenance aspect of them.

For various reasons it's becoming almost impossible to get a quartz countertop (the first place called me hours before they were to come and measure to tell me my job was too small for them to bother with, and the other recently switched vendors so the original quote I received more than tripled). I have a couple other options to consider before I just give up and look for something else, but I want to have a back-up plan ready. I'm already late on getting a countertop ordered and the sooner it's in, the better.

I'm not a big fan of granite and even if I were, I've looked at oodles of them and not found any that would be appropriate for this space. I don't care for Corian. Marble might work from an aesthetic perspective, but I worry about having to baby it.

I'm pretty messy in the bathroom. I always am cleaning coffee rings off the counters in the bathroom downstairs (I drink coffee while I'm getting ready in the morning), not to mention makeup, soap, etc. I fear that marble would be a mess in no time with me involved.

Can anyone here tell me about how the marble in their bathrooms has stood up and how much you "baby" it?

Who knew it would be so hard to get a counter?

Comments (13)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH